Something new cometh this way–Rejoice! It’s that special time of the month on Netflix where all the new series that will be added to the streaming service are announced. Here’s some of Netflix’s top picks and our thoughts on what’s Now On Netflix – October 2017!:
- In time for Halloween, the loveable kids of Stranger Things return to Netflix to fight supernatural forces and the unknown. Stranger Things 2: It’s 1984 and the citizens of Hawkins, Indiana are still reeling from the horrors of the Demogorgon and the secrets of Hawkins Lab. Will Byers has been rescued from the Upside Down but a bigger, sinister entity still threatens those who survived. Join Eleven, Lucas, Will, Dustin and Mike on the quest to save their town. (Oct. 27)
- As you know we are huge fans of this series and are highly interested in the next chapter of the adventures of Will and Friends. Plus we really want to know just how deep Eleven’s powers go…
- The Death And Life Of Marsha P. Johnson – The documentary courses through the untimely death and unsolved murder of African American transgender trailblazer, Marsha P. Johnson – all the while giving light to the impact she had as a leader of the gay rights movement. Dipping deep into jaw-dropping archival footage of another era of New York City life, The Death and Life of Marsha P. Johnson follows as this champion pursues leads, mobilizes officials, and works to tell the story of Marsha’s life and get to the bottom of Marsha’s death. (Oct. 6)
- Marsha P. Johnson was a trailblazer for trans rights, gay rights, and drag mother that was integral to the events of the Stonewall riots. Her life and story is a prominent piece of American history and it’s so important this film has finally come to Netflix.
- In need of a little comedy with the Wayans brothers – 90’s style? Don’t Be A Menace To South Central While Drinking Your Juice In The Hood features the comedic talents of Shawn Wayans, Vivica A. Fox, Marlon Wayans and Bernie Mac. (Oct. 1)
- Or more commonly known as DBAMTSCWDYJITH (ok…no one uses that); “Don’t Be a Menace” is a comedy classic which falls right in line with the greats like Friday. The movie parodies all of the “hood” movies of the 90s (i.e. Juice, Boys n the Hood, Poetic Justice, etc.) and has been the birthplace of some of our favorite one-liners that are still in heavy rotation (MESSAGE!).
We love diving into all the content that Netflix provides–check out our recaps for a variety of Netflix shows, right here on FanBros.com! The full list of the Netflix top picks for October are below:
Set Up – 10/1
Blood Diamond – 10/1
Don’t Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood – 10/1
The Death and Life of Marsha P. Johnson – 10/6
Chris Brown: Welcome To My Life – 10/7
The Hateful Eight – 10/25
Stranger Things: Season 2 – 10/27