Gaming News Roundup – Oct 9
PlayStation CEO, Andrew House, Leaves Sony After 27 Years
With the huge success of PlayStation, it looks like its CEO has decided that it’s a good time for him to step down. If you don’t recognize Andrew House, he’s the gentleman from Sony that usually handled big announcement like the announcement of the PS4. All the best to him, Sony is on top right now of consoles right now, so he’s done an awesome job.
Atom In Injustice 2
In a surprising turn, NetherRealms has revealed that Atom is coming to the game. It’s surprising because not all of Fighter Pack 2 is out yet and he wasn’t planned to be in it. It’s cool that he’s in a lot earlier than expected, but does this mean we’ll be waiting longer for Hellboy? Who knows. Anyway, Atom looks very interesting. Obviously he manipulates his size while fighting, but I wonder how he’s going to be balanced when he take his small form. I imagine he’ll be a nightmare zipping all over the screen when he’s small, but we’ll see soon just how formidable he is. You can check out the trailer for him here.
Street Fighter V Arcade Edition Announced
Street Fighter V is finally actually finished and we’re getting it in the form of Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition. This edition features modes that should have been in the game since launch, but hey, we got it now. It’s also still only on PS4 and PC, so Xbox players still have to weep from a distance and play the Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition that is backwards compatible with the Xbox One. Anyway, this new edition features a slew of new content, let me list it for you.
- Key Features
What’s Included: Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition will include everything from the original Street Fighter V release, plus all Season 1 and 2 Character Pass content, which includes 12 playable characters and 12 premium costumes.
New Modes and Features: In addition to the main game, the following content will be included in Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition: and will be available as a free update to existing Street Fighter Vplayers beginning on January 16:
- Arcade Mode – choose from six different paths themed after classic Street Fighter games.
- Gallery – unlock hundreds of illustrations as you play through Arcade Mode.
- Extra Battle – complete timed challenges to obtain exclusive costumes throughout 2018.
- New V-Triggers – each character will have two V-Triggers, adding even more depth to the combat system.
- New Visuals – the user interface is being redesigned with new color schemes, revised menus and exciting
- New Challengers: The original roster of 16 fighters is joined by 12 new challengers from Season 1 and 2, bringing the current roster count up to 28. The 12 additional characters are not available for free to current Street Fighter V players, but can be accessed using earned Fight Money or purchased in-game currency.
- PS4 and PC Cross-Platform Play: Current players of Street Fighter V and future owners of Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition will be placed into the same player pool, with PS4 and PC cross-platform play continuing to unite fans into a unified player base.
- Stay Updated – The initial Street Fighter V purchase is still the only one that consumers need to make to ensure they always have the most up-to-date version of the title.
Black Panther Comes To MvC: Infinite
I forgot to cover this game when it came out, but it’s okay. A lot of the criticism about things like its roster and how the art style looks is very much justified, but the fighting is solid and they fixed Chun-Li’s face and head. If you played the story, you may have noticed some characters that appeared in it were not playable, and we see why now. Crappy business practices aside, Black Panther and Sigma look like great additions in the new trailer they were showcased in. By “look like”, I mean gameplay-wise, Sigma looks like an off-brand Buzz Lightyear. They’ll be out October 17th along with Monster Hunter. You can check out the trailer here.
NiOh Coming To PC
If you don’t have a PS4, you missed out on one of the best games that has come out this year. NiOh was a fantastic game that utilized the Dark Souls formula and made it their own, but as a samurai. If you’re on PC and have been wanting something to scratch that Dark Souls itch, just wait until November 7th and you’ll be able to grab NiOh and all its DLC with 4K support. Get excited and prepare to die.
That’s the news for this week! Excited to play as Black Panther in Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite? He looks exactly like my type of character. Happy that Street Fighter V is finally finished? Let us know below! Also be sure to check out what panels were at NYCC a few days ago. You can check that out right here. Did you miss last week’s roundup? Go ahead and catch up here. Be sure to come back next week for another gaming news roundup!